Mission: The mission of the Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce is to support, promote and advocate for its members. Our committment is building a vibrant and prosperous community while supporting responsible growth and a superior quality of life for all citizens in our community.
The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1947 as an organization to support and promote local business. The basic mission of the Chamber has not changed in the nearly 70 years of its existence. The Chamber of Commerce continues to strive to build a stronger business community and provide enhanced benefits to its members. We represent over 400 business, nonprofit, local government and individual members who share the belief that a strong local economy is tantamount to a great quality of life.
As the County’s business support organization the Chamber also directs and manages economic development and tourism through its Division of Economic Development and Tourism. These activities include recruiting new industry, workforce development efforts, business retention and expansion, retail development and small business development as they relate to economic development. In the tourism area, the Chamber supports local events through its Local Tourism Grant Program and promoting all of the area’s tourism assets.
The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce serves as the catalyst to connect people, support business, grow our economy and improve the overall quality of life in our community. Please join us and be a part of the great future of Shelbyville and Bedford County.
Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce
1. Advocacy - The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce advocates on behalf of our membership to elected officials at all levels to promote a strong business environment and positive quality of life.
2. Networking – The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce provides opportunities to connect our members with community capabilities for the mutual benefit of both.
3. Resource - The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce is the trusted information source for our members enabling communication of information which promotes a vibrant economy with continued opportunity for growth.
4. Education – The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce promotes policies and educational opportunities which help our members grow and develop a workforce to recruit and retain industries.
5. Leadership – The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce encourages the promotion and development of leadership within the community which fosters community pride. We believe that the foundation of knowledgeable, skilled and passionate leaders can advocate for and represent our members while being an instrument of positive growth for future generations.
6. Integrity – The Shelbyville-Bedford County Chamber of Commerce is the trusted organization that serves our members with high moral character.